Did you know that eating asparagus is actually good for your teeth? That’s true. Asparagus is a great source of inulin; a prebiotic fiber that helps you digest probiotics. So, now that you know, make sure to add asparagus to your diet as a big boost of fiber. A healthy gut microbiome is key to healthy teeth.
To ring in the new year we’ve decided to share with you a few different ways that you can help your teeth be happier and healthier this new year.
- Replace your toothbrush (every three to four months). Bristles that become frayed and worn are less effective at cleaning your teeth, which means ringing in the new year with a brand new toothbrush is actually smart dental hygiene.
- Brush twice a day for two minutes for healthier teeth, good breath, fewer cavities, and to avoid painful dental problems.
- Floss daily. Flossing is part of being mouth healthy.
- Chew sugarless gum. Chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes following meals can help prevent tooth decay.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
- Drink fluoridated water. Fluoride helps prevent cavities by making teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that cause cavities.
- See your dentist. Regular dental visits to Dr. Johnson will help you have a healthier mouth.
About Johnson Family Dentistry – Orlando, FL
At Johnson Family Dentistry, we are a dental practice devoted to restoring and enhancing the natural beauty of your smile using conservative, state-of-the-art procedures that will result in beautiful, long, lasting smiles. We are conveniently located next to Publix Super Market in The Shoppes at Eastwood. Contact us Today at (407) 282-0002.
Our Services include the following; Bonding, Crowns & Bridgework, Dental Implants, Fillings, General and Cosmetic Dentistry, Oral Cancer Screenings, Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy, Porcelain Veneers, Professional Teeth Cleanings, Removable Dentures, Root Canal Treatment, Sealants, Teeth Whitening, TMJ/TMD Treatment, and Tooth Extractions.